We are looking forward to a new school year, and appreciate your interest in supporting our students and staff!
Schools are the heart of any community, and the Madison Metropolitan School District (MMSD) is Community Strong. You – our neighbors, local businesses, nonprofits, and other community members – are what makes Madison special. Madisonians are known for supporting public education as well as coming together to support each other. Together, we can support our students and staff in academics, healthy meals, as well as social-emotional, mental, and physical health support to our families during this pandemic.
When you become a volunteer, your work takes on special significance — though you are not part of the staff, you do share the same responsibilities of keeping students safe.
MMSD is committed to anti-racist practices, equity, inclusion, and upholding our core beliefs. The volunteer and non-MMSD personnel approval process and trainings are in alignment with that vision, and it's important for volunteers and non-MMSD personnel to have a shared understanding.
- Approval Process
- How long does the approval process take?
- Are you a current volunteer? Or are you not sure?
- What and Why are there Training Requirements?
- About Volunteer Tracker
- MMSD/MSCR’s goals for utilizing Volunteer Tracker
- Background Checks
- How will volunteers be informed of their status (approved or denied)?
- Level 1 vs Level 2
- How to Edit School Sites in Volunteer Tracker
- Vaccination Verification Required - How to Upload
- Volunteer Opportunities